Cleaning the surface
Shot blasting is quite essential to clean the surface of metals. It is also used for retexturing and surface coating of metals for the purpose of decorations to enhance the overall appearance. Meaning it comes in handy for almost every industry that makes use of metal including – rail, aerospace, shipbuilding, construction, automotive and many others.
Importance Of Shot Blasting In Metal Based Industries –
Over the years, this procedure has emerged as one of the most effective, as well as cheap. However, there’s more to shot blasting as a surface preparation technique –
• Shot blasting eliminates the use of harsh and non-eco-friendly chemicals.
• Shot blasting results in significantly higher rates of production, better pattern accuracy and wider selection.
• After the output is completely free from chemical deposits and dust. Moreover. It doesn’t remove the virgin metal when scales are being removed.
• It helps detect fault if any. Shot blasting also serves as a bond between shot blasted surface and the protective cost.
• The durability and longevity also increases as the metal surface is shot blast cleaned and free of scales.
Using any abrasives such as an aluminium oxide abrasive blasting is one of the important techniques. It is mostly used for its strength and hardness for materials such as sandpaper, flooring, metal finishing and more. The procedure involves forcibly propelling streams of Aluminium oxide to roughen a smooth surface.